State Bank of India (SBI) conducts exams for the post of clerical cadre for its nationwide branch network. Get all the information about previous or upcoming SBI bank clerical exam and applying to the same below. Also, know the important dates of registration of SBI clerical online application form.
- Essential Academic Qualifications: (AS ON 01.01.2018)
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.01.2018.
Note (a) The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet/certificate or provisional certificate issued by the University/Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing. (b) Matriculate Ex-servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post. Such certificates should be dated on or before 01.01.2018.
- Age Limit: (As on 01.01.2018)
Not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 01.01.2018 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1990 and not later than 01.01.1998 (both days inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit:
|Sr. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|2.||Other Backward||3 years|
|3.||PWD (Gen)||10 years|
|4.||PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|5.||PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Persons domiciled in|
|Jammu & Kashmir|
|6.||State during the period||5 years|
|from 01.01.1980 to|
- SELECTION PROCEDURE: The selection process will consist of on-line test (preliminary & main examination) and test of specified opted local language.
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination (online) consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
|SL.||Name of test||No. of||Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
Each test will have a separate timing as mentioned above.
- HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply online and no other mode of application will be accepted
- GUIDELINES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION:
Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers – Recruitment of Junior Associates. After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/credit card/Internet Banking.
Helpdesk: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/ intimation charges or receipt of Admission/call letter, queries may be made at telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or lodge his/her query on http://cgrs.ibps.in.. Candidates are advised not to forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Junior Associate-2018’ in the subject of the email.
Pre-requisites for Applying Online: Candidates should have valid email
ID and mobile no.which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help him/her in getting call letter/advices etc. by email/SMS.
- PAYMENT OF FEES: [ONLINE MODE ONLY]:
- Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature (Annexure-II).
- Candidates to visit Bank’s website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers and open the appropriate Online
Application Form, available in the ‘Current Openings’.
- Fill the application carefully. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. In the event of candidates not being able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password. They can re-open the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen.in the online application and shall determine their eligibility only at the
time of joining. Admission to tests will be purely provisional without
verification of age/qualification category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS) etc. of
the candidates with reference to documents.
Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online well before
the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of
disconnection/inability/failure to log on to the website on account of heavy
load on internet or website jam.
SBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able
to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid
reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of SBI.
Not more than one application should be submitted by a candidate. In
case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application
will be retained and the application fee/intimation charges paid for the
other registrations will stand forfeited. Multiple attendance/appearance
by a candidate in examination will be summarily rejected/candidature
The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of
the examination cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test
delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort
will be made to rectify such problem, which may include the conduct of
another examination if considered necessary.
Candidates serving in Govt./Quasi Govt. offices, Public Sector
undertakings including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions will
be required to produce proper discharge certificate from the employer at
the time of taking up the appointment, if selected.
Caste certificate issued by Competent Authority on format prescribed 18.
by the Government of India will have to be submitted by the SC/ST
candidates, at the time of joining, if called for.
A declaration will have to be submitted in the prescribed format by
candidates seeking reservation under OBC category stating that he/
she does not belong to the creamy layer as on last date of registration.
OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-creamy layer’ clause, issued during
the period 01.04.2017 to the date of taking up the appointment, if found